Thursday, June 28, 2007

Little Fabulous Vintage Coffee Mugs

I have had my eye out on ebay for vintage mugs from Japan. I was having such a heck of a time finding them. One day I went over to my mom's house to sew, she was showing me how to use her serger, and we decided to make coffee. She has the best coffee she gets from Salado. So, I ground it up and brewed it. She said we should drink out of fun mugs and got the most fabulous mugs out of her very top cabinet. I absolutely had a fit over them because they are the exact same mugs I have been searching for on ebay!! Look at the wonderful colors and design. Those little birdies are the absolute best! These mugs are perfect for my 1950's kitchen. I am sooo excited.











I could not believe it. My mom being the fantastic mom she is gave them to me because she said she never used them. She got them in a little antique store in Mountain View when she last visited my sister in Arkansas.






So since I now was in possession of these terribly coveted mugs, I searched and searched and searched on ebay until I found some more. Honestly they were not nearly as cute as the ones my mom had, but they would go great with the collection so....I bid on them and of course won because no one else was interested. It was great because they came with a fantastic vintage mug holder.































Although, I soon realized the fantastic mug holder was not so fantastic. I just barely tapped it and tragedy struck........



















My beautiful mugs...broken and chipped. But...at least they were not the fantastic mugs with the beautiful bird design!


Well that is all folks! I just had to share these wonderful vintage Japanese mugs with you!

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...