Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Little Hen

So, I have been bored with cooking. I have been making the same things over and over and over again and feel like I am in a bit of a rut. I wanted to change things up a bit so I grabbed my October issue of Cooking Light, thumbed through it, and came up with some great ideas! I have never eaten or even tried to cook a Cornish hen. They are so tiny and cute I thought I would give it a whirl. So, here is my go at it.


I stuffed it with rosemary, thyme, and sage sprigs. I also put the herbs under the skin of then hen along with salt and pepper. Then I drizzled the top of the hen with olive oil and red wine vinegar.


I made a side of creamed corn and a nice little salad to go along with it. It was mighty tasty if I do say so myself. My latest issue of Cooking light, November, has a recipe for an Apricot Glazed Cornish Hen, now that sounds yummy! Ah, the possibilities.
Cheers and Happy Fall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...