Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wonderful Things

This time of year I can always think of wonderful things. Well, actually, throughout the year I can pretty much always think of wonderful things but there is just something about this time of year I love. I love the change in the weather and watching the leaves fall on the ground. I love to wear coats and my hand knitted scarfs. I love to watch Vickie Howell on Knitty Gritty to learn new things that I can make for gifts. I love to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows. I love to sit on the couch in my P.J's and knit. I love to lay in bed all warm under the covers on Saturday mornings and watch the Food Network...thank you Paula Deen for all your festive holiday cooking! I love receiving my fall and winter editions of Cottage Living and Cooking Light magazines in the mail.


I really could just keep going but I won't :-)






I think I am going to make homemade marshmallows on Saturday. I have always wanted to do this but just have never really gotten around to it. I love the marshmallows from Williams Sonoma...oops, there I go again with things I love. I better stop talking about Williams Sonoma because I am likely to never stop! However, there is something so fluffy and wonderful about those gigantic square marshmallows. They look like little clouds floating on a river of Chocolate. You just really cannot beat that!


Wouldn't the marshmallows make cute Christmas gifts? Maybe for the co-workers. We will see. I may just eat them all myself!



I lied, I am going to keep going. You know what else I love this time of year? Chili! Maybe it is the Texas in me but I do love Chili! So...on that note, all you non-Texans...I leave you with my Chili recipe!


1 small onion chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1-2lbs ground beef or turkey
1 can diced green chilies and tomato's
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 8oz. can tomato paste
Cumin
Chili powder
fajita seasoning


In a large pot cook onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Add ground meat. Cook until meat is almost done. Add can of diced green chilies and tomato's, black beans, kidney beans, and tomato paste. Stir together. Cook on medium to high heat for about 5 minutes then reduce. Add cumin to taste and fajita seasoning to taste. Add a TON of chili powder. Stir and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Scoop in to bowls and top with monterrey jack cheese.


Serve with whole wheat tortilla chips.


To make the chips...too easy! Cut up about 4 or 5 whole wheat tortillas into small triangles. brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil until golden brown!
Cheers and Happy Wonderful Things!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...