Sunday, August 1, 2010

Meet Oster



This is Oster. He has been a bit depressed I think. Living in a small dark space where you are not seen all that much can do that to you.  There was a time where Oster came out of his dark quarters quite frequently. But it seems, that maybe for the past year he had been forgotten.  Feeling awfully bad about this and inspired to semi-bake, Oster came out of his dark and lonely space.  Oh, and Oster was neglected for far too long.  He has the ability to create such fabulous aromas!  The house is filled with the scent of whole wheat green Chile cheese bread. Oster, I promise I will not forget about you again.


Whole Wheat Green Chile Cheese Bread
(In the bread oven- 2lb loaf)

1 and 2/3 c. water
1 small can of green Chilies (do not drain the juice)
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened (i actually melted it just slightly)
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
4 and 2/3 c. whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons active dry yeast

Add the ingredients in the order listed above. Before putting the yeast in, use your finger to make a well in the whole wheat flower to pour the yeast in. Make sure the yeast never comes in contact with the water. Then, set your bread machine to get baking! ***updated tip, the green Chiles turned out to be very subtle.  If you want this bread to pack a punch I recommend adding another can. I am going to do this next time.***





While my bread was baking, I spun some yarn. This yarn is 100% merino. I am also spinning into it angora rabbit hair from my sisters angora bunny. This yarn is apart of my special project which will be revealed sometime in October.





This is also a little sneak peek at what is to come in October. I worked on it this weekend. I used wool felt and wool roving to needle felt it. Then added buttons from my grandmothers button collection. 




Cheers! 



5 comments:

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

That bread recipe sounds delish! I'm definitely going to have to try it! And your felted flower is so cute :)

Unknown said...

Just a sits gal dropping by, but gosh, that sounds like a great recipe! We inherited my father in laws bread machine and he always told my husband one day he would use it. Well, when he sees this recipe maybe it'll be time to give it a go again.:) He LOVES green chiles.:)

Liz said...

Thanks for stopping by Rebecca! The felted flower was a lot of fun to make. :-)

I love green chiles too Melanie, they are fantastic! Reminds me of the southwest every time I eat them!

CK said...

OH MY GOODNESS this bread looks SO YUMMY! I will HAVE to try it!!!
AND I am a SW graduate (though a SAHM right now) but I was at one time working toward my LCSW and I share a passion for SW as well.
yo SITStah,
CK

Liz said...

CK, thanks for stopping by! Us SW's have to stick together! It is a long road ahead for the LCSW but I am ready...as long as I have crafting time to get me through. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...