Monday, September 19, 2011

ACL 2011!


Ah, Austin, I love thee. What a great place we have here in Texas. I love Austin. The food, the people, the culture, the parks, and the music!

My husband and I drove down on Friday and our friends joined us Saturday and Sunday. We stayed at the cutest little place called Zilker Cottage. It was about a mile walk to ACL and worked out pretty well for us. This place was awesome and I loved the patio! The landlords of the property were so nice, very accommodating, and easily accessible by text!

This festival has great music to listen too all day. The fun part for me is discovering new bands that I come to love. But, the second best part is the fantastic food that Austin has to offer! Fort Worth, take note! 

There is the absolute best Taco place in Austin called Torchy's. Every time we visit we it is a must that we stop and eat there. This visit, we ate Torchy's every day! They have a food booth at ACL every year too which makes it all the more easy to eat Torchy's every day. I am drooling right now just thinking about it. So, for Sunday,what better thing to do than have a Torchy's breakfast taco. 



But, since there are so many other fantastic places to eat in Ausin...we needed more than just tacos so...Gourdoughs was the next breakfast stop. All thanks goes to our friends who went scouting breakfast for us. OMG. Gourdoughs is not messing around. Let me tell you, talk about heart attack waiting to happen, but oh soooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking fantastic!  

Jeff had the "Mother Clucker." 



Of course I had to taste it and yes, it was ridiculous, kind of like chicken and waffles. 

I had the "Flying Pig." The best doughnut I have ever had and I ate the whole entire thing and did not regret it one bit!



Then, we ate even more at the festival. Another festival favorite is Boomerang's Pies. This is the best dang meat/veggie pie ever! Guinness Steak and Potato Pie our favorite. 


Yes, we eat a metric ton during this weekend every year. But, I justify it by all the walking that we do. It is a weekend I look forward to every year! Oh, and the music was fantastic too!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...