Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Bare Pantry and a Little Creativity

I am in desperate need of going to the grocery store. Grocery shopping is most certainly on my list of least favorite things to do. Once upon a time Albertson's delivered my groceries! It was the most fantastic of all delivery services. I would just get on-line, search for the items I wanted, and added them to my cart. I scheduled delivery for the next day and the little delivery man would bring all my groceries up to my doorstep. One horribly dreadful day...I got an e-mail saying that Albertson's will no longer be delivering groceries to my area. Needless to say I was distraught and have been ever since ;-) So, I guess the point of this story is that my pantry is bare because I am avoiding the store. However, I have a nice little skill of being able to make something of nothing so, I managed to scrounge up the ingredients for a yummy little pizza and boy was it good! Luckily, I had some whole wheat pita bread, which I used for the crust. I had a can of tomato paste and tomato sauce which I mixed together with a little garlic salt, dried basil, and oregano. I also miraculously had cheddar cheese AND mozzarella which I sprinkled on top and then I caramelized some onions and bell peppers. After my little pizza was topped I just popped it in the oven for about 10 minutes on 350 degrees. I ate the whole thing and I had enough ingredients left over to make another one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...