Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Quest for Peeps and Other Happy Things

This year is the first year that my family is coming over to my house for Easter. I originally had thought it was going to be a small gathering of my immediate family, you know the usual people for holiday gatherings. Well, my mom told me yesterday evening that my Grandmother is so excited about coming over to my house for Easter that she is calling in the troops. Yep, people that I have not seen in like 10 years! So, needless to say I am freaking out a bit. Anyhoo, I don't have ANY Easter decorations and what is an Easter party with no decorations? So, the other day I was surfing the wonderful world of craftster (the most fantastic website ever, check it out under my links) for ideas and came across this link:

http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/The_Thrift_Shop_Romantic/Peep_Project.html

I thought this was the perfect way to decorate my house. What a wonderful idea! A peeps garland...fantastic, why didn't I think of that? So, now comes the quest for my peeps (something about saying that makes me laugh every time!). Well, apparently in my town, the cute multi-colored peeps are hard to come by. All I am able to find is yellow. Not that I have anything against the yellow peeps, they are cute too and will most certainly serve their purpose for this project. So...for the mean time, I settled for the original little yellow peeps until I come across the others.


Showing some love for the little yellow peeps:
Believe it or not, I have actually never eaten a peep. My Aunt's cat Ashley once licked all the sugar off a whole package of peeps. I figure if a cat has had a peep I should try one. I noticed on the package it said "a fat free food". I had to laugh because the little guys are covered in sugar and doesn't sugar turn to fat? Oh well....I found they taste just like a sugar covered marshmallow ;-)


So...of course while I was on my quest for peeps I got distracted and found myself wondering the isles of Jo Ann's. Not really sure what I went in there for but I came across the most happy looking and colorful yarn! I am going to knit some dish rags for my kitchen. Something about hand knitted dish rags makes me want to do the dishes more! Hey, anything that works right?




Since it is a really stormy night out tonight (we are under a tornado watch but hey, what's new), I am going to relax...watch Grey's Anatomy...and knit up a few little dishrags! Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...