Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I was sitting around the other day trying to think of what to get the mom's in my family for mother's day. Then, I realized, why get them something when I can make something. So the ideas started racing. I decided for my mother, grandmother, and my aunt I would make lined zipper pouches and handmade soap to put inside. For my sister, who is a a fairly new mom, I made a zipper pouch and a matching hobo bag. She has been admiring the one I made for myself so it is just
perfect!



Here is the hobo bag I made. They are so easy to make it is ridiculous, not to mention a lot of fun to make too! My little Bernina has been working overtime!

























These are the zipper pouches. I have never sewed with zippers before. It was really easy. I wonder what took me so long to try it? I can't imagine anything without zippers now :-)! I like the way these turned out so much that I am going to have to get busy and make a pouch for myself. Jo Ann's was having a great sale on some of their home decor fabric the other day so that is what I used. I love all the colors in the different fabrics...so vibrant and happy!










The soaps I made in my wooden soap mold. The base is Shea butter and the scent is warm vanilla sugar, the bath and body works scent. I love the way it smells. I have a friend who wears it...it is basically her trademark scent...so when I smell these soaps it reminds me of her. There is a great company called from nature with love where I purchase my soap making supplies. They have a ton of their own original scents and make a lot of the bath and body works scents too. Now I just need to think of a way to wrap them up and put them in the zipper pouches!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Cheers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...