Monday, May 14, 2007

Hello Jordy!

Ah, the jordy bag. So cute, so practical, so...perfect. I like to carry a small purse around with me because there is not much that I put in a purse. Now, if I am out and about with various knitting projects, I have to have my big bag with me but...for everyday errands and outings...a small bag will do just fine. I love love love purses and bags...well... and shoes too, but I have not figured out how to make those yet. There is a fantastic tutorial for this quaint little jordy bag over here.












I had a lot of fun making this and plan on making more. This one was a prototype because I had to have instant gratification and whipped it out to see what it would look like. It turned out so well and I am so happy about it. The next time...and there will most certainly be many more next times...I am going to use interfacing to make it more durable and sturdy. I may even put these in my little Etsy shop when I get that going. If you like this little bag, there is also the mother load of purse, bag, and wallet tutorials here.








Since I have this cute little bag...it was only fitting that I make myself a little zipper pouch, like the pouches I made for mother's day, to keep my credit cards and lip stuff in. I liked the way it turned out!






Also...for those of you who are organic farm girls at heart...check out this new book from Mary Jane Butters. She is such a neat lady. My mom gave my sister her new book for mother's day. There so many projects and cool ideas in it. She is the queen of apron making too. One of these days I am going to make one of her fabulous aprons. My sister is visiting from Arkansas and right now she is having dinner with my parents. She left the book on my coffee table. I think I may go snatch it up and soak up some new ideas!



But....for now....time to get ready for Heros!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...