Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Party...all month long

In my family, February is a busy month. There are 5 birthdays and of course you gotta throw Valentine's Day in there. So, February is pretty much a month long celebration. It is kinda nice. It all starts with my sisters birthday on the 3rd. Then, my cousin's birthday is on the 12th and as my little 8 year old cousin recently pointed out, starting on her birthday there is a birthday every 3rd day. So, as I was saying, her birthday is the 12th (then Valentine's Day), my mom's birthday comes next on the 15th, my niece Violet's birthday is on the 18th and then there is me bringing up the rear on the 21st. Now if I want to go make things really complicated I can mention that Jeff's cousin's birthday is on the 20th and a good friend's birthday is on the 22nd. Whew!

I recently returned from a trip to Arkansas to visit my sister, niece, and brother-in-law (and of course his family too!). My dad, mom, and I drove up there for my niece's 4th birthday! She is just getting so big. She had a birthday party Saturday at a roller skating rink, and may I say she is a mighty fine roller skater. She can even skate backwards! It was a lot of fun.


When we arrived to Mountain View on Friday we checked in at the Pinewood Cabins. This place is wonderful. It is right on the square, within walking distance to pretty much everything. My parents had a cabin and "the kids" had a cabin. Here is a sneak peek into our cabin:







All the cabins have a theme. We sayed in the "Lancaster General Store". The cabins are so cozy. Saturday night it rained and we slept with the windows open so I was able to fall asleep to the sound of the rain. It was great!

Once we checked in and got settled, my mom, sister and I went to a class at Ritsy Rags to learn how to needle felt. It was a birthday present for all of us from my sister. It was a ton of fun. Ritsy Rags is the cute little store that sells fabric, patterns, arts and craft supplies, and handmade items. It was so much fun. I think we went went in there at least 2 days in a row. I am sure we would have went in again on the 3rd day, however, they were not open on Sunday.

The class was to needle felt a wool scarf. This is my mom in action needle felting her scarf:





This is Carrie and Rene, she is the owner of the store and just fantastic. She has got to be the craftiest and most friendly person in Mountain View.




A look at the scarf I was working on. I just had too much fun!:


After we finished up our needle felting class we met up with the men...my dad and brother-in-law for some of the yummiest Mexican food in Arkansas! Later we found out the place is owned by people from Texas....that has to be why the food was so good! Texan's know their Mexican food!

Since Friday was my mom's birthday, Carrie and I went over to our cabin after dinner to prepare a little surprise birthday dessert for her.






I also finished the felt pizza for Violet. I turned out really cute. I think I have found a new hobby! She liked it too!




It was a great time. I wish I were snuggled up on the couch in the cabin drinking a glass of wine and watching movie right now!

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...