Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Potato Soup For The Viral Pharyngitis Soul

So, I went to the MD today because my throat has been insanely inflamed. I get strep throat about once every other year so I tend to be hyper sensitive when I get a sore throat. But, the MD just told me that I have Viral Pharyngitis. No, treatment, just some Ibuprofen and Mucinex...and a little potato soup will fix it right up! Well, I added in the potato soup but what can't potato soup cure, right? This was the easiest recipe ever.





After my MD appointment I went home and got back in bed, watched the holiday, and worked on a bit of Christmas knitting. I wish I could do this everyday, without the sick part.


This little knitting project is for a certain someone that probably does not read this blog often so I bet it is safe to post a picture.




After I finished up the mitts, I started working on a "Man Scarf" for the DH. I think I may needle felt then ends with some of the roving I have from my huge roving stash! Ziggy joined me and my tissues in bed with me today. He loves to take naps...so do I and that is exactly what I did after I worked on this for a bit.





So, previously I mentioned roving stash. I bought some more. My name is Elizabeth and I am addicted to roving. Is roving hoarding a proper medical diagnosis? Well, anyway, a few years ago, when I was in New Mexico, I stopped in the most fantastic yarn store in Arroyo Seco called the Taos Sunflower. I purchased the best Corriedale wool there and have been looking for more like it. I happened upon her Etsy store and sure enough, there it was.....and on sale! So, I snatched up as much as I could and now it is on it's way to may house! I can't wait! Merry Christmas to me! So, that roving stash just got even bigger. I need to start spinning to make room for more roving!


I think I am going to get back in bed and cozy up with Ziggy and watch another movie.



Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...