Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas!


Merry Christmas!


On Christmas Eve, North Texas experienced "blizzard like" conditions! It snowed hard almost all day. The wind blew hard and when I was driving home from work, I saw snow drifts, yes, snow drifts in Texas. Ha. It was great...a white Christmas. I cannot remember the last time we had one! This is what the newspaper had to say:


More than 2 inches of snow was recorded at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport on Thursday, according to the weather service. Areas to the northwest were walloped, with 8 inches falling in Nocona in Montague County and 5 to 6 inches in Wichita Falls.

Gusts of 50 mph caused blizzard conditions rarely seen in North Texas.

"It’s extremely rare," said Daniel Huckaby, a weather service meteorologist in Fort Worth. "To get both the heavy snow and high winds that cause a blizzard is a very unique event here in Texas."

Dallas-Fort Worth last flirted with a snowy Christmas in 2004 and 1997.

But the last time the Metroplex was socked with a true, New England-style dose of snow on Christmas Day was Dec. 25, 1926.

"I think it’s more in the Christmas spirit. It is beautiful," said Connie Smith, 41, of Fort Worth, who loaded groceries from Central Market into her car during the snowstorm. "I can’t believe it was 70 yesterday and snowing today."



When I woke up Christmas morning, made the bed, and pulled open the blinds, I saw little foot prints in the snow. I knew that Jeff and I had not been out walking in the yard so I figured it was one of the neighborhood kids, they love playing in our yard for some reason. I like to watch them play so I don't mind. So, I looked to the left of the foot prints and saw the cutest little snow angel! I was a rather perfect looking snow angel and I loved that one of the kids made it in my yard. It put a smile on my face. They must have thought that would have been a good spot for a snow angel. Ha! I meant to take a picture of it, forgot, and then by the time I remembered, it had melted.


The dogs love playing in the snow too!






I made the King Arthur biscuits again. They turned out better this time, probably because I did not have the same distraction I had last time, thank goodness!






I also made marshmallows. Again, another second attempt and they turned out better! Marshmallows are fun to make and honestly not that difficult to make. They are great in coffee. I sprinkled toasted coconut on top of them.





Jeff and I met my parents this afternoon for lunch. It was yummy! I brought over a few of the biscuits. My mom made the annual Sunday Brunch Casserole, this is just too good for words! We also had tamales, cranberry jello, and roasted veggies. It was delicious! After a nice long visit and gift exchanging, Jeff and I came home and had a movie marathon at home. We were going to watch the new Sherlock Holmes movie but it was sold out! It was a lovely Christmas day. Now, I am anticipating the arrival of my sister, brother-in-law and niece. I can't wait!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...