Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lovin' Leftovers

I really do enjoy cooking, but I have to admit, during the weekday after I have worked all day I get a bit lazy at it. I tend to make the same, oh...10-12 different recopies over and over again. I do this because I know the recipes by heart and I don't really have to think about it, I can just toss it all together. I do like to plan ahead and make at least one dish that we can use as left overs the next day. Meatloaf is one of those dishes that makes a lot and we can just heat it up the next evening for a quick and easy meal. The thing I love most about meatloaf, is making the leftover loaf into a meatloaf sandwich! Super easy and very tasty! Plus, I still had the wheat bread loaf I made this past weekend. So, here you go.

Butter your bread. I like to use Smart Balance butter...Mr. Lucas prefers otherwise. But since I do the grocery shopping, I win. Then sprinkle with garlic salt. 


Put one slice of bread, butter side down, on the preheated panini grill. Then add cheese of your choice. I used mozzarella. 


I warmed up my meatloaf  first and then placed it on the bread.


Add the condiment of your choice. I used mayo and Mr. Lucas likes ketchup.


Place the second slice of bread, butter side up, on top.


Close the grill and let it get to cooking!


Just a few minutes later, meatloaf sandwich! 


Cheers! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...