Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting Corny

I love corn and even better, I love corn bread. So, I find it only fitting to share with you this recipe that my sister gave me years ago. It is a recipe from a friend of hers. My sister served this corn bread at her wedding along with pumpkin soup and it was to die for. I could go for some pumpkin soup right about now.


Yummy Corn Bread

1 c corn meal
1 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking power
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 can cream corn
1 c milk
1/2 c canola oil
1-2 tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Before mixing together, measure 2 tbsp oil in 10 inch cast iron skillet (must use a cast iron skillet because it makes a huge difference). Then, put in oven to heat up for about 5-10 min. Sift together first 5 ingredients. Seperately beat eggs, add oil, milk, honey, and cream corn. Add liquid ingredients to dry mixing quickly and thourouly.  Pour into the preheated pan. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.

If you wanted to change it up try adding sharp cheddar cheese with jalapeƱos for a kick. I may even add a little rosemary next time too.

Cheers!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...