Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Wildlife Discovery This Spring, First Skein Of Yarn For Sale, And Fish!

I am not sure what brought my attention to it but I spotted the cutest little bird nest in the tree in my flower bed! I have found little blue spotted eggs in my flower bed in years past so, I guess I have permenent residents that I really never noticed before. I love little bird's nests. There is something so sweet about them. I like to examine them to see what the mama bird made the nest from. This one is made from things from my garden, fallen leaves, sticks, and some plastic! I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but I am short, and the nest is up high.




Also, I have added my first skein for sale in the shop! I am excited and very nervous at the same time.




Tonight, in celebration of my first skein for sale, I am grilling cedar plank salmon. This is the first time that I have grilled with a cedar plank... so, I guess there is trial and error to everything. Note to self: do not grill cedar planks on the bottom rack. It will cause an incredible inferno.


Here is a picture of my charred plank, but the salmon was still fantastic!




Luckily Jeff was on site when the inferno started and so was the water hose. So, we just hosed the plank down to get the raging fire out and then moved the charred plank to the top shelf to finish cooking the salmon. You know, charring your plank must be key because that was the best salmon that I have eaten in a long time! I made a honey lime glaze salmon, with a spring mix salad and garlic herb broccoli. If you are interested in trying she salmon glaze out it, here you go. I got the plank at Target.

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Mix together and marinade for about an hour to two hours.

Throw on your cedar plank and get to grillin'!

We had a really nice dinner and Jeff even snagged some Skinny Cow ice cream pies from CVS for my dessert!




Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...