Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just Another Happy Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone! It was a another beautiful day outside today. The sky was blue and the clouds were so fluffy! I started my day as usual with my morning cup of coffee.



I worked on making a few snap wallets for the shop while watching the Millionaire Matchmaker (I have no idea how I got sucked into it for the record. There are far more interesting things to watch like the National Geographic Channel).





I made a Dutch Apple Pancake for breakfast. Oh it was GOOD!!!!!!!!





It was so yummy, (and healthy) I will share the recipe:

2 tablespoons trans-fat-free margarine, melted, divided
1 medium organic Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/3 cup organic whole-grain pastry flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup 1 percent organic milk
4 eggs, lightly beaten

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add apple and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.

Puree remaining margarine and ingredients in a blender until just combined, about 1 minute.
Pour batter into skillet, over apples. Bake until puffed and set, about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish after done.



I worked on the garden. Oh, did it ever need some TLC! Here is the before, with the garden covered in leaves with signs of Spring peeking out! Poor little neglected garden....





And the after! I raked all the leaves out, laid down new soil and then added a layer of mulch. I think it looks so happy and fresh! Next weekend I am going to plant new flowers and herbs.





Those little signs of spring peeking out, I could not resist to bring inside to enjoy!





Oh, I almost forgot!! My mother and I went estate saleing and antiquing on Saturday. I found a divided casserole dish with lid. So exciting!





Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...