Sunday, April 5, 2009

Friends, Fun, And More Fondue!

Well, yesterday evening I was finally able to test out the vintage fondue pot I found months ago at an estate sale. Jeff and I got together with our longtime friends for a fondue night. After spending my birthday at Simply Fondue, we decided that fondue is tons of fun and something that we needed to do ourselves! So we had a sharp cheddar cheese fondue and a blue cheese fondue. Both were fantastic! We had chicken, apples, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, summer sausage, and bread for dipping. Oh, it was yummy. My little fondue pot worked like a champ!





For dessert we had chocolate fondue with homemade marshmallows and coconut macaroons from Central Market and also butter cream cake, pretzels, and graham crackers. The marshmallows and macaroons were so fluffy. I love Central Market.






Jeff and I brought along a bit of Sangria too. Sangria is perfect for this time of year (well, I guess it is perfect really for anytime of year!) Oh, my, we were stuffed by the end of the night but it was worth it! I should have taken more pictures but I was too busy eating!

Good food, good friends, and good fun. Just how a Saturday night should be spent.

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...