Monday, July 27, 2009

Grandmother's Closet

I spent the weekend with my Grandparents. It was a nice little retreat in their beautiful home. My Grandmother had all her vintage linens laid out and let me go through them and pick what I wanted. It was so much fun to look through everything and imagine the possibilities of how each piece may have been used. Needless to say...I walked away with a bag full!! I am very pleased with my new linens! Here is a just a little bitty, teeny tiny peek, there will be more to come later!


This is what I have put to use so far.


A pair of white vintage pillow cases...and...a"pineapple" doily. I learned that pineapple is a particular design and when you look closely, it really does look like a pineapple!




A beautiful embroidered linen hand towel.




And a pair of pot holders made out of yarn!






More to come!


Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...