Friday, July 3, 2009

Dog Days Of Summer

It is hot here in Texas and I think this explains the heat very well....





It is hard to do anything but lay around!



I have the day off today for the 4th. So, I got inspired to make dog bones and use my new dog bone cookie cutter that I picked up in Santa Fe from Teca Tu. I surfed the net and perused various dog bone recipes, fused a few together, and came up with my own. My pooches love peanut butter so I decided to make peanut butter dog bones. Dogs and sugar don't mix well so it is important to use all natural peanut butter without granular sugar added.






Want to make your own? Here is the recipe I came up with. I am going to work on refining it to make it even more organically dog healthy friendly. I will update when I do.



Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits:



1/2 cup of cornmeal
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of 1% milk
1 cup of natural peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together the peanut butter, olive oil, and milk. Combine. Roll out on a lightly flowered surface. Cut your biscuits. Place them on a non stick cookie sheet. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Cool them on a cookie rack. Feed to your doggies!



I made some for Luna and Millie.






And of course some for their best bud Max.





Luna scarfed hers down and Millie savored on it a bit. I guess they were good!






That is Millie savoring....



Cheers!


R.I.P Chica. You lived a full and very long life. You will be missed! You would have eaten the dog bones with the best of them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...