Monday, June 29, 2009

Well, It Is Not Really What I Had Expected....

...but, I guess that is what happens when you don't do your research first. My hibiscus, chili, and curry yarn.....turned out a pale yellow. I guess if you can even call it a "yellow". But I love it just the same. It was a fun experiment and I learned a lot. I just gotta chalk it up to trial and error. We never learn if we don't make mistakes. I will be well prepared for the next time. I can't wait for this weekend. I have lots of crafting projects in mind. I hoped to add more to the Etsy too! I see oil cloth in my Etsy's future. Oh, and of course, hand spun yarn!! If you are somewhat interested in the chalkboard quote of the week, stay tuned. Will post that soon! I have completely fallen down on the job but plan to hop back on the wagon!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Wild Violets said...

Hey! Nice try. I am going to have to get you some of those special cosmos flowers. When Arlone and I dyed the poop dred wool (the stuff we dyed had been washed four million times so it was no longer poopy) it turned out this beautiful orange. I am going to check into it, but I think that we soaked it in alum overnight as the mordant. That worked really good. Love you!!! Wish we were geeking out on fiber at this very moment.

Liz said...

You got it sister! I should have used alum. Ha! Trial and error right. Yes, yes, I need cosmos. Not only is a cosmo a lovely flower it is a wonderful natural dye! Yippee! I think I need to go get some cosmo seeds asap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...