Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday In Santa Fe

I started my morning with a "Great Start Breakfast". We learned about this last year in Santa Fe when we went to the Chocolate Maven for breakfast. It is a yummy and healthy way to start your day. All you need is plain yogurt, fruit, and granola and you are on your way. Of course, you cannot forget to pair it with a cup of coffee.






While I was enjoying my breakfast, Daddy was enjoying looking at the real estate adds for houses in Santa Fe. Unfortunately, the houses in the magazine he was looking at were a bit out of our price range...about 20 million dollars out of our price range.




We had a nice relaxing morning in the casita. We took our time getting ready and then headed out to Canyon Road. Our first stop was at a bronzed sculpture gallery. The sculptures were beautiful. It is amazing to me all the different talents people have, and canyon road is full of talent. I would love to learn how to make a bronze sculpture. This artist made bronze statues of children. He was able to capture the innocence of children in his work.







There were also the most random king and queen toad sculpture. Jeff liked it so I took a picture. The toads had huge jewel rings on.





We also ventured into Pachamama.






This store is fantastic. It was full of antique and traditional folk art.







I got picado. Perfect for a party on the patio!






Jeff like the Calavera, it was made out of a tiny gourd.






After a bit of shopping, we went to El Farol on Canyon Road for lunch.







Oh, goooooodness...there are no words to describe how good the food was. We sat on the patio and people watched. The weather was perfect and the people that work there are very nice, which makes it even better. I think this was the favorite part of the day.



To start lunch off, we had a bit of sangria. Really, you can't go wrong with a bit of sangria, no matter where you are in the world.






For lunch, I had a few tapas, curried chicken salad and polenta.







The polenta was with a mango sauce. I wish I was eating it right now!



Jeff had paella.






My mom had Chile Relleno.





My dad had a sandwich, but...I did not get a picture of it. :-)



After lunch, we headed over to my favorite jewelry maker, Rocki Gorman. I did a bit of bargain shopping and got 2 rings that were on sale! I like the star because she etched designs in the silver that are native to the area.








I love these rings. This shop really does hold a special place in my heart. She had such beautiful jewelry and I want to take every piece home with me!


After my bit jewelry purchase, we ventured over to the Santa Fe School Of Cooking. This is a fantastic store. Not only do they serve cooking products, they have classes. My mother and I took a class last year and learned about the culture of the food in Santa Fe. I got some chile powder....since I tend to use it a lot when I cook.




I also got some oil cloth, they sell it by the yard there and a girl can never get too much oil cloth!




We got back to the casita and my mom started cooking dinner and I made salsa and Sangria!





Dinner was fabulous. My mom made green chile chicken enchiladas which is a Santa Fe School of Cooking recipe. It was delicious!







Another great day in Santa Fe had by all!



Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...