Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chalkboard Quote Of The Week...and a little more

So, it has been a long, long, long, time since I have done the chalkboard quote of the week so, here it is! 




Since it is teeny tiny and hard to read, I will translate.


"You know you knit too much when... You hear that a friend is going through a difficult time, and even though this friend does not knit, you consider dropping yarn off at her house to make her feel better."


I did a bit of garden prep today. It was still too hot for me to be out there for a long time. I am pretty satisfied with what I did. During our 16 plus days of 100 degree heat back in August, my little lavender plant did not survive. I had to cut it  back and hope that it starts to grow again. It was so big and full this year so I am sad that it died. :-(  But, I have everything prepped for next weekend. I am going to plant fall flowers, herbs, and veggies, and will lay down new mulch. During now and then I will consult my Neil Sperry's Complete Guide To Texas Gardening. He is an amazing Gardner and will give me some insight to good fall plants to plant! He is a local celebrity.


Jeff found a praying mantis the other day in our back yard. The little guy really took a liking to Jeff, it was hilarious! I have not seen one in a while but I think he likes my gardens!




Cheers! 

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

How cool! I haven't seen a Praying Manthis in years.

Liz said...

I have not seen one since I was a little girl! He was too cute and had tons of personality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...