Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Little Spinning Therapy

Spinning yarn is so relaxing and an incredible form of therapy.  It has been a difficult week around here but I found some comfort in spinning this week. A package of Alpaca arrived in my mailbox last week. It spins so beautifully. I have never worked with it before. It is much more silky and smooth than what I am used to. But, it spins so easily! Right now I am waiting for it to dry so I can start knitting with it. 





Alpacas are such funny animals! 





Poor Jeff is going to indulge me to a trip to an Alpaca farm in BC. But, I think he will get a kick out of it really. 

The weather is so nice outside today. It rained for a long time yesterday and I think the rain brought in a cool front. I love the fall weather and after a very HOT summer it is starting to feel like fall around here! For some reason the fall weather makes me want to cook. So I went to the grocery store this morning and bought all my favorite fallish food items. For breakfast I made a breakfast quesadilla. I was searching for a recipe for something else but came across this neat website and the video recipe for the quesadilla. Just look over at the featured videos and you will see the one for the breakfast quesadilla. I added sautéed onions, jalapeños, and garlic to it. It was so easy to make and delicious! 



I hope everyone has a happy weekend!

Cheers!

(that picture of the alpaca is still making me laugh. Funny little creature)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...