Sunday, October 20, 2013

IKEA Is The Bomb

A few weekends ago my mother and I took  the treck all the way to Ikea. Yeah, it sounds like a long drive but it isn't really. It was in the past with all the construction but since it has been like 6 years since I have gone all the construction is complete and it only took 1 hour to get there despite all the exits we missed and wrong ways we went!

When we arrived it was like arriving to the ultimate amusement park of furniture and housewares. We got up to the top level so I could hunt down all the furniture I knew I wanted from stalking their website. Then, the lights went off. It was like the Ikea apocolypse. A storm had moved in and was giving their eletricity a run for its money. After a brief wait in the pitch black...the lights came back on and then we went forth and shopped. About 2.5 hours we came to the cafe....we new we needed a break. After hours of writing down item numbers and perusing all the great things that Ikea has to offer, it was time for some Sweedish meatballs and lingonberry juice. Not bad for furniture store food if I do say so myself.

Once we re-powered, lingonberry juice will do that for you, was time to push forth and continue the journey. We continued to write down item numbers and then went downstairs to the market (which can be completely damaging to the pocket book). At the end of our journey, we ended up in the section where you pull all the items listed on your little item number pamphlet. We soon realized that the 2 of us were not going to be able to do to it alone. But alas, Ikea has people that will pull your items for you and deliver it too...for a cost of course but man if you are going there for a truck load of stuff it is well worth it! We got that all squared away and then started our journey back home and then a few days later our Ikea delivery truck arrived!

After countless hours of Mr. Lucas putting everything together (Ikea instructions are horrible!) it is all starting to come together around here.

I tried to go easy on the budget since we have so much to do to the house. So, instead of buying a new coffee table I just updated our old Ikea coffee table with a bit of paint. 

Before:


After:


I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This stuff is awesome!  Annie Sloan is a genious. I wish I came up with this paint and wax system myself! Oh, the boxer is a couch accessory since I have not been able to find coordinating couch pillows I like. ;)


Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...