Saturday, October 19, 2013

Crawling Out From Under The Rock


Hello!! I have been living under a rock for a while in the blogging world. Why? Well, After my last post I went on vacation to Santa Fe (awesome) and then came back and Mr. Lucas and I put our house on the market. It has been quite a whirlwind. I've only bought a house, never sold and bought. A ton of effort goes into it and it practically consumes you, I had no idea. So, after our vacation we got our house museum style clean and organized for showings. Then we had to keep it that clean for weeks which is a hard thing to do when you are still trying to live! So, most of my time was wrapped up in real estate so I didn't have much time to blog and I wasn't doing anything that was even blog worthy. But, after the 3rd showing we sold our house! When we started showing we had already found a house we loved and everything fell into place. The house was for sale by owner and the owner was very patient and even accepted a contingency contract! We closed on September 13th and have been packing, decorating, organizing, fixing, and everything else imaginable since! But, I am happy to report I will have plenty to blog about now!

We have wall paper to remove, counter tops to update, furniture to buy, appliances to purchase, bathrooms that need ultra updating, and much more. So, I imagine these next several months are going to be about the trials and tribulations of our new home. But, the home is perfect. We really love it. There is so much more space, the backyard is beautiful and ready for outdoor parties. There are several nice touches to this house but also a few unusual touches as well. The house was only owned by one family. It was built in 1959. The owner was builder and designed and built the house himself. There are certainly some quirks that drive me a little batty like the sink faucets turn the opposite direction, the locks turn the opposite direction, and the wall paper is hideous (but they loved it and that is OK). I will take the love and work that he put into building this house any day though.

So, with that said...I am no longer under the blogging rock. I have emerged :) and there will be LOTS to talk about.

Here is a little sneak peek into (the outside) of my house. I needed to mark it my own and in order to do that...I painted the door.

Before


After. A happy Gypsy Teal. I love teal.


I think I may paint the inside of the door as well, just for a pop of color. 


Cheers!! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...