Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chocolate on Sunday

One thing that I always try to avoid is grocery shopping. I think that may change when Whole Foods opens just 10 minutes away from my home! I could spend hours in there. But for now, grocery shopping is just another mundane chore. I managed to find a way not to go to the store today, even though the cupboard is bare. I am pretty sure I can scrounge something up for dinner though. But, the sweet tooth hit me right around 3pm. It is rather difficult to have a sweet tooth and no groceries. However, I happened across this, a little chocolate cake in a coffee mug! Fortunately, I had almost all the ingredients. I was just missing the oil but I had plenty of butter, which is strange because I rarely eat butter. So, I substituted the oil for butter which worked rather well. It was quick, easy, and very tasty. This gives me great ideas for Christmas gifts for next year.


I also made a yoyo bracelet and some thumb tacks out of some of the chocolate lollipop fabric that I have.



And I also finished up some yarn that I have been spinning. The magenta is part of my sister's Christmas present. I am still practicing spinning in hopes of starting to sell handspun yarn in my Etsy shop.


Now, I am going to snuggle up on the couch and read the plethora of crafting books that I have acquired over the past few weeks. Oh, the book I purchased yesterday, the author has a blog. I have updated my blog roll over the past several days. Recently one of my favorite things to do has been to purchase a new crafty book and look up the authors name on the Internet to see if they have a blog. Yes, I am a certified dork but I am SO ok with that.

Cheers!


Update**oh dear, I found another book..Oil Cloth Inspirations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...