Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pincushions, Pajamas, and Snap Wallets

Where does the weekend go? I had so many things that I wanted to accomplish this weekend but didn't! It seems like there is so much to do and by the time I actually sit down to work on something crafty it is late and all my energy is gone. But, I did manage to start a few projects and even finish one!

I made one of those cute little mason jar pincushions for a friend of mine. These really are cute and practical!











I cut out fabric for my pajama project. When I say where does the weekend go, this pajama project is the prime example. I was meant to start these pajamas last weekend but did not get around to it! I geeked out when I saw the pink skull and cross bones fabric. I am even not that big of a fan of pink but this fabric is too cute!





And, I started working on a few new snap wallets for the shop. I just love the mushroom fabric!








I am hoping to have a slow week at work so I will have enough energy to come home work on some more crafty projects this week. February is a big birthday month for my family and I think I am going to continue my felt food theme for Violet and make her a few felt sandwiches. I also have a few fun things in mind for my mother and sister's birthday but unfortunately I can't talk about that until after their birthday passes!




Oh, I also have been working on spinning yarn...surprise surprise! I am almost certain that you are tired of seeing the same old color of yarn but this time, I spun two different colors together to change things up a bit. I have a bit wound around my homemade knitty noddy.









I tried a new recipe from my Cooking Light magazine. We had Chicken and Southwestern Salsa tonight with a green salad and lime dressing. The recipe was in this months issue. It was goooood!

Oh, Mama and Carrie, I forgot to tell you! Cooking Light will be arriving in your mailboxes soon!

Cheers!

5 comments:

Phil's Grill said...

Sounds like you had a lot going on this weekend. Weekends do pass way too fast. Pictures are up of the Grilln'Opoly game. Have a great week.
Betty

Cammi said...

You and your blog inspired me to make a mason jar pin cushion this weekend. I had no idea it would take only 10 minutes! I searched my entire house for more jars but no luck. It's probably a good thing. I don't know what I would have done with 20 mason jar pin cushions. What an easy way to satisfy an itch! AND how handy this little thing is!!!

Liz said...

I know, they are so easy to make! I searched my entire house for more jars too! Ha! You know, I have seen the tiny mason jars at Albertsons...and at the $ store.
:-)

Cammi said...

BINGO! Went to an estate sale today and bought 4 kerr mason jars in different sizes, one little jar is even sort of tapered. I know what my crafty friends are getting for their birthdays! (Also bought about 2 yards of this beautiful floral teal and lime vintage fabric for a buck! If I ever blogged you could see it.)

Liz said...

Oh! I thought about going to an estate sale this weekend but then I got lazy. Next time you go and want company give me a buzz. Glad you found those awesome mason jars! Fabulous birthday gifts indeed! You must blog so I can see that fabric! What a steal. I love estate sales. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...