Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday In Victoria

Today is our last day here in Victoria. We have had so much fun! This really has been the best honeymoon ever in our opinion.  We have had the best of everything...the ocean, mountains, and forest. It will be so hard to go home!  


(this boat is a decorative piece of the B&B grounds. It is called "gypsy girl" and they turned it into a planter, too cute!)



(This is Mac, she is part of the B&B grounds too!  She will greet you at your car and walk you up to the door.)


Today we slept in.  Dieter took the morning off from cooking breakfast and sent us to White Spot. After breakfast, we went back to the room and I took a nap!  I think the week was beginning to catch up with me. After my nice little nap we went downtown and did a bit more shopping.  After shopping we went back to our sweet little room at the bed and breakfast and chilled out some more.  

Then we got back in the canoe. This time we canoed over to the University and Hatley Castle.  We were out there for a long while but I did not see an otter this time!  I really loved being in that canoe in the middle of the lagoon.  It was so peaceful.


I took a picture of our evening canoe from the dock.  I got so excited about canoing today I left the camera on the dock as we were out for our canoing adventure. By the time we got back to the dock, it was getting too dark to get the camera and go back out. We did get a big kick out of these swans though. They had quite some character to them!



For dinner we decided to go back to Six Mile Pub.  It was a good little spot to start dinner off on Sunday so we figured it would be a good little spot to end dinner on Friday. We even met a Cowboy's fan!  Outside, before we walked into the Pub, there was a Canadian with a Cowboy's hat on! Of course Jeff struck up a conversation with him.  He has been a Cowboy's fan from ever since because he even mentioned Tom Landry! We got a kick out of this.  A true Cowboy's fan deep in the heart of Victoria, who would have imagined! 

Jeff allowed me to take a picture of dinner this time.  I had chicken pot pie...it was delicious! 



We also had the best crab dip I think I have ever tasted.




Jeff had Fish and Chips.  We had plenty Fish and Chips while here in Victoria! 




I believe a diet may be in my future.


 Cheers! 







4 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

What an awesome honeymoon!

Liz said...

It was so much fun! I could have not wished for anything better. The yarn store in Victoria reminded me so much of your store in Arroyo Seco! I am still trying to adjust back to reality. :-)

CK said...

I want a bite of that chicken pot pie Sooooooo bad!!!

Liz said...

Oh, it was good! I have a new found appreciation for pub food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...