Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It is hard to believe that yet again, Christmas is here. It has been a nice day for me so far. Santa has been awfully nice too!  And, it is actually cold here in Texas! Thank goodness! Jeff and I got up this morning, checked out our stockings (which is my favorite Christmas thing to do), exchanged gifts and then went over to my parents house for brunch.  

At the parents house we started things off with a bit of Christmas Sangria! 



It was good!  My mom made a simple syrup that had a bit of a nutty spice to it which made it a fantastic winter sangria.  I juiced some oranges for the sangria and then Jeff mixed it all together.

My Mom always sets such a nice table for us when we come over, especially on Christmas. Jeff and my Dad started a nice cozy fire in the fire place. I love the smell of a fire place! I especially love the smell of pinon wood. :-) 



On the menu we had: Mexican Brunch Casserole.  Now, this is a tradition in my family. We have this casserole every Christmas and it is so yummy! I look forward to it every year!  We also had something new, Baked Pear Vanilla French Toast with Mama's Pecan Maple Syrup.  Oh man, food coma.




After brunch we settled into the den to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We laughed hysterically through the whole movie! It is a great one.  This movie is definitely on my list of Christmas movies to watch over and over and over!

After the movie we exchanged gifts. Every year my mom puts together a little "care package" full of a random assortment of wonderful things.  In my care package this year was:


This cute little knitted head wrap.


Some Fiestaware salt and pepper shakers.


A pomegranate foaming bath power which I can't wait to use!


And, these cute vintage salt and pepper shakers.


My aunt also gave us some of my Grandmother's vintage linen napkins and had an "L" embroidered on them. That is the first letter of my new last name!  So very thoughtful I can't wait to have a dinner party and use them!




Yet another very Merry Christmas.

Cheers Everyone! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...