Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Girl And Her Grill

It's hot here in Texas right now and I don't like to be hot (and still dream about moving to the Pacific Northwest). So, in order to keep things nice and cool inside my house I cook outside so I don't have to turn the oven on. I absolutely love to grill. I'm not saying I'm a pro at it but I have fun when I do it. My first grill I purchased several years ago. Unfortunately...it got a little rusty which I am not certain is the safest to grill on. I am still on vacation..my last day...so to help cope with that I decided it was time to move on. Out with the old and in with the new...Infrared Grill is where its at! 


Mr. Lucas LOVES when I purchase things that take hours to put together...I am sure you sense my sarcasm here right? But, no matter what project I have him piecing together he always does it for me willingly and does a mighty fine job I might add! I'm a lucky gal.

I present, my new infrared grill! 


I have been very interested in grilling pizzas. Now, I have the proper grilling equipment so that is exactly what I did. 

I made whole wheat pizza dough in the bread oven. It is a very simple recipe and the bread machine does all the work. 

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe:


  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • cups whole wheat flour
  • teaspoons yeast
  • finely chopped garlic (as much as you want)

  • Put all the ingredients in that order making sure to put the liquids in first. When you add the yeast make a "well" with your finger in the center of the flour (making sure not to breakthrough to the liquid) and add the yeast in the well. It mixes better that way. Then, put your machine on the proper dough setting.

  • Once my dough was done I divided it into 3 parts and rolled out to make individual sized pizzas. You can make one big pizza or several small ones.

  •  

  •  I coated the dough with an olive oil and garlic salt mixture.

  •  

  • Place on the grill. I cooked 2 minutes per side. Infrared grills cook a few minutes faster so if you have charcoal or a regular propane grill you may need to cook longer. You don't want the dough to be fully cooked at this point because you need to put your toppings on then place back on the grill for a few more minutes to complete cooking.


  • You have to be quick when cooking the dough/pizza so its good to go ahead and have all your toppings outside with you. Once the dough is almost done, take it off the grill and add your toppings. I made a mozzarella, garlic pesto pizza; veggie pizza (I sauteed the veggies prior to cooking the dough) with goat cheese, and pepperoni herb pizza. If you want sausage or anything else that needs cooking, do that prior so you can have it ready to go. I also had my citronella candle burning to keep those pesky mosquitoes away! 


  • There you go, that's it! The pizzas are so much fun to make, super easy, and super yummy! It is amazing how different the dough tastes when its grilled. It has a great flavor!

  •  


    Cheers!




    2 comments:

    Taos Sunflower said...

    YUM!

    Unknown said...

    These look so yummy! So glad I found your site! Would love for you to visit my blog sometime. I love sharing recipes!

    Have a great weekend!

    Your newest follower,
    Heather
    http://stringtownhome.blogspot.com

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...