Saturday, July 5, 2008

Grillin' On The Patio

So, we have a new addition to our family, which I absolutely adore. It is a char-broil, 40000 BTU, 4 burner grill with a side burner. Fantastic! This grill makes grilling so easy! Before, with my little charcoal grill, I could hardly ever get it lit, and if I did manage to light it, it would take an eternity to cook anything. Now, It only takes 30 minutes tops! I can grill anything, oh the possibilities. I think I am even going to try to grill a pizza this week, the idea came from my secret boyfriend, Bobby Flay.




With this new grill, on my newly designed patio, my parents came over for my dad's birthday for a little cookout. We had raspberry chipotle chicken, which was excellent. We also had a strawberry-walnut salad with feta and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. For the side dish, I grilled up some garlic-rosemary baby red potatoes.


Now, when you are grilling, you cannot forget to add a tasty beverage. I made up some sangria from a mix that was not half bad. I got the mix from World Market and then just added some red wine.



My mom brought over some birthday cobbler. It was fantastic and healthy, well as healthy as cobbler can be...it was a Cooking Light recipe. We had ourselves a nice time. Somehow, after the night was rapping up, we managed to be sucked into a Rambo movie. Never saw a Rambo movie before. There are like 20 of them (and aren't there like 20 Rocky movies too? You gotta love that Rocky theme song though, makes me wanna get up and conquer something, not really sure what that is yet.)...not sure why I have never managed to take one in. I am actually, only slightly embarrassed to admit, it was not half bad.

I hope everyone enjoyed their nice long weekend! Tomorrow it is back to the old grindstone!

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...