Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lazy Days Of Summer

Well, it is hot here. Hotness requires laying around and not moving much. I think the kitty's have it down pretty well. Laying around is pretty much all I did today. I spun a little yarn and grilled some chicken but....that is about all I did. Oh, wait, I did put some things on the curb for bulk trash day. I am working on cleaning out the garage. Well, I cannot take all the credit. I had some help from the boy. All I had to do was point and he did all the man work. We have had several people pillage through our junk but I guess the old saying is true, one man's trash is another man's treasure.



So, with these lazy days of summer, I often enjoy a refreshing meal. Today, my refreshing meal consists of a chicken Cesar salad. And boy, the chicken turned out quite tasty. The grill is fantastic!!! One of my best investments.




Yesterday Jeff and I went to the Mellow Mushroom, the best pizza place in town! We shared a bottle of wine, hummus and pita wedges, and a gourmet white pizza with feta, onions, garlic, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, provolone and mozzarella. Oh man, this is a good pizza. After our dinner, we came home and watched Love in the Time of Cholera. Much to my surprise, this love story is a favorite book of Jeff's. Now, Jeff is not your sentimental, lovie dovie, romantic type person. He is very intellectual and straight to the point, so you can only imagine how I felt when I found out he wanted to watch this movie. This movie is your ultimate love story and Jeff is telling me it is one of his favorites??? What is going on? Is the world coming to an end? I am going crazy? Nope...he actually likes a love story. WOW. Might I say, he has good taste in love stories because this movie was excellent, now if I could just get him to watch The Holiday, all would be swell.
I spent my Friday night watching the most wonderful fantasy fairy tale, Penelope. I loved it so much that I watched 3 times! It is a really cute movie and I just adore Christina Ricci. I am certainly going to add Penelope to my DVD collection very soon! Yes, I am very aware and fully embrace the fact that I am a big dork.

So, I guess I have had a very relaxing and uneventful weekend, but sometimes, that is just the way to do it!



Cheers and have a happy week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...