Thursday, February 28, 2013

Let's Take A Trip On A Flying Carpet

For my birthday we tried out a new restaurant called the Flying Carpet Cafe. It was fabulous! They have a small, but brilliant menu and the food was out of this world. It is BYOB so we brought some wine to enjoy over dinner and conversation. The place is very warm and inviting. They have Turkish rugs hanging on the walls and also displayed in the front room for purchase. Two sisters run the place, which I think is lovely since I am one of two sisters. One of the sisters, Devon, who is a pastry chef and the general manager greeted us during dinner which was a special touch.


We started out with the Meze sampler with dolmas, hummus, pitas, tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and toasted pita bread (which all was devoured before I could get a pic in)

After our appitizer my dad and I enjoyed the cucumber salad.


Mr. Lucas and my mom enjoyed the citrus salad.


Then, for the entrees. Wow. The men folk had the braised Australian lamb shoulder and the women folk had the roasted free range chicken breast. That was the juciest chicken I have ever sunk my teeth into. Yum.


We had a rather difficult time deciding what desert we all wanted. So, we ordered 3 and shared. They were all fabulous. I had a hard time choosing my favorite but I am a baklava lover through and through. The almond pudding was a close runner up!


We finished dinner with Turkish coffee and my mom had the Turkish tea. They came in little tiny cups, so cute!




Such a lovely little place and our waiter was great too. We will be back and I can't wait!


Cheers!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...