Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Food Coma

So, the birthday food extravaganza continues. Like I said before, Mr. Lucas had a birthday coming up, it was last Thursday. I asked him what he wanted me to cook for him on his birthday. He thought about it for a few seconds. I thought he was going to ask for something that I have made before. Maybe something that he really liked that I have made before? His reply was "Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo"....um, OK. Gosh, I have never made THAT before. But, I put my big girl panties on since it was what he wanted for his birthday dinner. I knew it involved a lot of fattening ingredients. That kinda made me scared and happy all at the same time; I don't really like to cook with a lot of fat but have always dreamed about it. 

Now was my chance. So, I went all out. In my search for recipes I figured the Pioneer Woman probably had a pretty good recipe for it. Boy, did she ever. A whole stick of butter, equal amount of heavy cream and 2 cups of Parmesan cheese! Then, I found on her blog a recipe almost as deliciously bad for you as the fettuccine. "The Bread" as the Pioneer Woman calls it. Oh man, the bread, Get ready for this. You slice a loaf of french bread down the middle and put one stick of butter on each half!!! OMG! Yes, folks. That is what you do and that is what I did. It feels so wrong but so wonderful all at the same time. It's damn good.


OK, I confess. We are THOSE people who eat dinner on the couch and watch TV. I have made a vow to eat at the table more often which frankly I have not been that great at. But sitting at the dining room table for a birthday dinner seemed appropriate.


Oh the bread. Ohhhhhh...............



To top it off I made a strawberry cake, a rather delicious strawberry cake and the recipe has been in my family for years. He thought I was going to make him blow out 33 candles. I went easy on him in his old age. 


So, with all that said I gained about 15 pounds in one night but I kinda think it was worth it. Happy Birthday Mr. Lucas! We are fasting now. 

Cheers! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...