Monday, June 3, 2013

Funky Farmz

For a while now I have been interested in joining a produce/fresh food co-op. I did a little research and decided Funky Farmz was the one to join. Apparently DFW has many co-ops to choose from but to be honest, it's the name that got me. I joined and have participated 4 times now. I absolutely love it. They offer fresh produce, farm fresh eggs, local organic meats, and much more. The produce basket is my favorite. It is only $30 for a large laundry basket full of produce. 


This picture doesn't do it justice. We've gotten avocados, cherries, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, lemons, limes, oranges, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions, garlic, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and the list goes on and on and on.


Have you ever had free range farm fresh eggs? They are so much better than the store bought kind. My sister and her family raise chickens and bring eggs to me when they visit. These eggs are just like them. Can't beat it. 

We also got some of the local organic beef which is also so much better than the store bought. So, we celebrated with making hamburgers! 


If you haven't tried a co-op in your area I highly suggest you do. I have really saved myself money on groceries because now all I have to do is supplement with a few items from the grocery store. If you need help locating a co-op in your area here is a link.

Cheers! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...