Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Dinner

After my completely lazy Birthday day, we went to my parents house for happy hour and then to the Cowtown Diner for dinner.  I wanted to go to this place for dinner because it was featured on the Food Network for their 64 ounce chicken fried steak! This thing is 10,000 calories! Yikes! Needless to say, I did not have a 10 pound chicken fried steak from my birthday, rather, a half pound. My hubby had the same. I have a special place in my heart for chicken fried steak and so does he! 

One of the things that fascinated me the most about this place are the bacon wrapped and fried deviled eggs. They featured them on the Food Network too.  I LOVE deviled eggs so I had to give these special ones a try for my birthday! 


They were delish! 


The little one, aka my niece, had sliders. 


My chicken fried steak half eaten! 


My sister had chicken mac which was fantastic! 


After dinner we went back to my parents house for cake and presents! My sister and brother in law made this cake. They are awesome and it was sooo yummy! They made it from scratch too! German Chocolate, one of my favorite cakes.

My mother's cat, Harry, enjoyed helping to open gifts. 


Cheers! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I have never eaten there but now I am thinking we are going to have to make that trip. Love chicken fried steak as well :)

Ms. Discipline said...

The food looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...