Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sorry Superbowl...We Can't Control The Weather...But My Blog Looks Nice!

A rather fierce ice storm blew in to North Texas early this morning. Our local weather station said that last night we received a "Packer Plunge" (in reference to the front that blew in) and now we are being faced with a "Steeler Smash." Really? Dorks. But, honestly, it is the worst I have seen in a while. I work in a hospital and was not even able to make it in. Usually in the inclement weather, I can make it in late once the roads clear up a bit but looking at my steep driveway and the thick later of ice on it I figured I would be safe than sorry. I would probably even need ice skates just to get down the sidewalk to the driveway. This storm was so bad (ok, I know the storms are worse up North but it snows here like twice a year) that they had to shut down DFW airport. Sorry all you Super Bowl travelers! Yikes! We are not presenting you with a rather "warm" welcome! But, once you get here I think you will find some nice Southern hospitality!

Fortunately,  I planned ahead, took my pager home with me yesterday, and have been able to work from home as needed. But, to pass the rest of the time, I updated my blog! I have been wanting to do this for such a long time and I finally figured it out (with the help from a nice guy one of the Google forums). So, I present you with my new and improved blog!  I also have been working on a little project that I will post about later when I am done.






Oh, see that up there? That is my new signature! Mama, I signed my name "Elizabeth" just for you. Poor Mama, she does not like it when I am called Liz. Although, she does not mind Lizzie.  So, for my new grown up blog, I figured I would use my grown up name. But, it is still okay to call me Liz or Lizzie or even Elizabeth. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...