Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dumpster Diving

One man's trash is another man's treasure, right? Well, in this case it sure is.  I did not go "dumpster diving" per se...however, I did happen on a nice little treasure yesterday afternoon while at work. I was walking down the hall and passed a trash can that someone set outside their door. I noticed a few little green things poking out the top but kept on walking. Then I backed up a bit and looked again. Someone had thrown away a perfectly good pot of assorted succulents! But, I did not want to be gross so I passed it up and walked back to my office. I stood in my office for a few seconds and then went back to the trash can. I looked at it, looked around to see if anyone was watching, peeped through the office door window to see if anyone was in there, and then walked down the hall a bit as to not seem too suspicious. I managed to muster up enough nerve, hurried up to the trash can, and snatched the plant out of the trash. I rushed back to my office so no one would see what I just did and then thoroughly examined the plant. It was still very much alive, had a few dried up bits and pieces and the soil was low. The little aloe in the middle was a bit sad looking and was drooping over to one side. It was obviously suffering the trauma of being tossed in a trash receptical! So, I pruned it a bit, meanwhile my office mate walked and and started laughing at me when she found out what I had done. When 1630 rolled around I took my plant and split. I added a bit of soil to it when I got home and placed it on my front porch.  It is so very happy now.




So, dumpster diving is not so bad after all!


Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...