Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

What a nice way to celebrate mothers, taking a day out of the year just for them! Really, mothers should get more than just a day for all they do.  My sister and I made grapefruit marmalade and granola for the mothers in our family. My sister is a creative lady and it was her idea so I just went along for the ride and everything turned out delicious! The granola is fantastic. It is so earthy and refreshing.  

We wanted to do a little something special for our mother so...

My sister found this little tray at a thrift store for my mom.


Then, we spray painted it...


...and Mod Podged on some fabric to jazz it up. Kind of like what I did here



In addition to the marmalade and granola we made we added some passion Tazo tea and a loaf of apple cinnamon Irish soda bread from Sprouts to the tray.



A breakfast fit for a Queen! 

Cheers! 


1 comment:

Melissa at the Hive said...

I am really enjoying my granola. I've had it with my yogurt every morning this week. The "ing" adds that extra special touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...