Saturday, May 21, 2011

Porch Perk Up

My front porch has been looking rather drab. So, I decided it was time to do something about it! I like sitting on the front porch and the back patio but it was missing a sparkle to make sitting out there a bit more fun.  

Here is my front door before. I love how red it is. The previous owner painted it that bright red color. 


The front porch before. 


That little bench was my mothers. I remember it being outside on the patio when I was growing up. I am a bit attached to it which is why I have had it on my porch all these years. But, it is time to let go and switch things up! :-)  

I added a cute new rug....


A decal for the door...


...and my yarn wreath from this tutorial over here.


I love succulents so I went to home depot to pick up a few to put in the planters I found for half price at Hobby Lobby!


I have the round table and chairs that go with the bench on the patio in the back yard. I took 2 of the chairs and a little stool that I had and moved them up front and this is what I ended up with.


When that still was not good enough...it was time for spray paint! 

Good-bye gold mailbox!


Hello orange mailbox! 


Good-bye black chairs and old green stool!


Hello lime green and orange! 


I used one of my vintage cloth napkins to make a little table cloth, added a citronella candle and some rosemary.




I have this little hanging plant hanging on the porch too.


 I am not quite finished but very close. There are a few small touches that I want to add and when I do I will let you know! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from SITS! Thanks for the comments on my blog this morning. Love the red front door!

Wild Violets said...

Redo is cauuuuuuuute!

Ari said...

I love your re-do! It is really retro.

CK said...

Oh, WOW! You did a fantastic job! I love the green furniture, the orange mailbox and- look at that wreath! And the tutorial is great, too!!! Fantastic! I need you to cove over to my place and redo my front porch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...