Sunday, March 11, 2012

DIY Sewing Project #2

So, for my next sewing project for the e-course I am taking was to make a magazine tote. This was a great lesson because I really have not sewn in quite some time so I was able to refresh some of my skills. I think I got so focused on knitting and spinning yarn that I forgot how much I love to sew. Not to mention, sewing projects are so much more speeding than knitting projects. But, I have to say I love the 2 just the same. 

This was fun because as I mentioned before, my sister is also taking this course. She lives one state over. But, we were doing the exact same thing at the exact same time! It was pretty funny, great minds think alike! 

So, here is my DIY sewing project #2.....


I used a vintage pillow case that I picked up at a thrift store years ago for the interior lining and some really cute Robert Kaufman fabric for the outer that I found with my sister when I visited her a few years back. I love the way it turned out and it fits magazines perfectly! 


Here is my Berni. I love her. She is an old girl but she serves me well! 


Cheers and stay tuned for DIY project #3!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...