Saturday, April 14, 2012

Craft/Laundry Room Re-Do Sneak Peek

I worked hard this weekend trying to get the finishing touches done. There are still a few things left do do before I post it all. So far, I have been pretty dang proud of my manliness when it comes to this re-do. Mr. Lucas works practically 7 days a week and on top of that is in school. Since he has been so busy I decided to take matters into my own hands. Fortunately, for me....and him too...he will be done in just a few weeks! Then, I can have him work on all kinds of projects around the house...including digging another garden. I know he is soooooooooooo looking forward to that. But, anyhoo, I have become rather friendly with the power drill and hammer. These things are awesome, especially the drill! A few weeks ago I hung new mini blinds all by my lonesome. I did pretty good if I do say so myself. Then, today, I hung shelves! Yes people...I did it. It took about 4 hours and I can't figure out why because it was fairly easy. Maybe I got distracted or something. But, once I figured out what the heck I was doing...it went pretty smoothly.

I had to make sure things were level and penciled holes on the wall where the anchors were to go and got to drilling.



Then, I whacked the anchor in with the hammer. This was the hardest part at first. Once I realized the drill bit I was using wasn't big enough...and then a phone call to Mr. Lucas to learn how to put the larger drill bit in the drill...I was in business.


I drilled the thingy into the wall that holds the shelving and ta-DA!  Notice the holes to the side...well, that was when I first started and got frustrated. I was actually drilling into the stud. That didn't work so well. I remember that the hubby had a stud finder and I put that to use. I like the stud finder ;) I spackled up the holes and painted over, you would never know.  


Here is a peek at the smaller shelves I installed. You will get a better picture when I post the reveal. 



Cheers! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...