Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Little Garden...Again

I spent a solid 4 hours working in both my gardens today. They are very happy...again. Things tend to go south in the winter months and they were both looking really sad! The weather was nice so I embraced it. Now, I am paying for it. I ache in places that I really shouldn't be aching in. But, that is the breaks. 

I also have been tossing around ideas on how to make my back patio more private. Right now it is wide open. Fortunately, there are vines and honeysuckle growing on the chain link fence which provides some privacy. But, until I can put a privacy fence in...I think enclosing the patio will do just fine. More on that later! Since I have all the rooms in the house painted, I guess I have no choice but to move things outside! I am still finalizing a few things with my latest project but think I will be able to post it all finished in the next week or so.

I want to grow cucumbers again this year. Last year I grew huge cucumbers and they were so tasty. The plant ended up dying in July because it just could not keep up with the 100 plus weather. To tell you the truth, I could not keep up with the 100 plus degree weather either. This my friends, is something I am SO not looking forward to in the upcoming months. So, this year, I decided to plant early...I probably should have planted even earlier. I hope that the plant will grow and have an opportunity to make twice as many cucumbers. I also planted basil, English lavender, and jalapeno. My parsley and tarragon from years past are thriving right now. I hope everything else thrives too! 


Cheers!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...