Saturday, April 7, 2012

More Re-Decorating

I have taken a little break from my sewing class and other projects to finally finish decorating my house. I have been painting my craft/laundry room. Part of the project was to install new mini blinds and hang curtains. My mom gave me some natural colored cotton curtains that she was not longer using. I just re-vamped them to what I needed and used Rit Dye in Pearl Grey. In order to find said dye I had to call all over the dang metroplex. Apparently someone else needed pearl grey too...and they needed all of it! Every place I called said that someone else called and bought all of it. But, I was told that a new shipment would be coming in on Friday. So, I got on the phone on Friday and called all around again and found 2 Hobby Lobby locations and each had 3 boxes. I did not need a total of 6 boxes since I only needed to dye 4 curtain panels but I felt a little vengeful and bought them all anyway. Take that! So, here is a little sneak peek into what I have been up to. 


Using the washing machine to dye the curtain panels was so easy and the color was completely even. I am very happy with the end result. I have a few more things left to do in order to complete this project but when it is complete I will be sure to post! 

Cheers! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...