We like tacos here in Texas! If I do say so myself we have some of the best too. A local favorite is Yucatan Taco Stand. Not only are the tacos fantastic but, you can get a mountain of nachos for next to nothing that will feed an army of people! Fuzzy's Tacos is also fantastic, can't go wrong! Now, when I am in Austin Torchy's is an absolute must. I will eat Torchy's for breakfast lunch and dinner! But, if I ate tacos as often as I would like to, I would end up being the size of Texas. So, when I am in need of a more healthier taco, I revert to the next best thing... courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine!
Presenting, ancho chile tacos with avocado cream!
Recipe from www.cookinglight.com
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair slaw
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt, and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- 2. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, slaw, onions, cilantro, oil, and salt, tossing to coat.
- 4. Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.
This recipe is wonderful and hits the spot!