Sunday, November 9, 2008

Getting In the Spirit

Well, it's November which means it is time for the holidays! I am getting excited but I just wish the weather here would go ahead and get cold and stay that way! I think we will be getting a cold front soon though. Today, to kick my holiday spirit in high gear, I watched The Holiday and worked on Christmas ornaments for my Etsy. I am such a cheese ball that I think I may go buy the soundtrack this week. Did I actually just admit that?? Well, anyhoo, I think the ornaments I made turned out well. I made about 16 of them, some for my tree and some for some one else. I made a few like this last year but I changed them up a bit this year with adding the buttons in the middle.





Of course, as I have mentioned before, I could watch The Holiday over and over. I think it must be something about Iris' lovely little cottage. As far as holiday crafting goes though, I have SO much left to do! So, on that note, back to crafting!



Cheers!

3 comments:

Cammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cammi said...

I deleted my first comment due to lack of coffee ;) (spelling errors).
I like that movie too Liz. I actually woke up this morning feeling a tinge of that creative spirit which has been m.i.a. for the past month or so. I got so excited about it that I thought I'd start off the day by writing a blog about getting in the holiday spirit. I came to check your blog and looky there! I guess it's officially that time of year! Unlike you, I can't stand cold weather! I'd be happy as a kid in a candy shop if it would stay perfectly fallish all winter long. Your yo-yo ornaments are adorable. The button is a nice touch! I've always thought yo-yos looked a bit incomplete. Good idea! Have you seen this?
http://whipup.net/2008/10/28/how-to-make-yoyo-bag/
Might make a good gift for someone. I'd love to get together with you and work on Christmas gifts and decorations with a cheesy movie and some red wine! Now for that coffee...

Liz said...

Oh that yoyo bag is soooo cute! I gotta make one of those. We should certainly get together soon! Working on Christmas projects, watching cheesy movies,and drinking red wine sounds marvelous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...