Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ah, The Smell Of Pinon

On Friday, Jeff and I had a party on the patio. We got the chimnea crankin' and threw a few steaks on the barbie. I also threw on the barbie rosemary and red pepper sweet potato wedges and a mix of onions and green bell peppers seasoned with salt, pepper, and cumin. The cumin was a nice touch. It was mighty chilly out Friday night but, that chimnea kept us awfully warm. It was fun to sit by the fire outside. Oh, and that wonderful smell of pinon. I am a bit jealous to be quite frank, my parents are in Santa Fe right now. Maybe on Friday I was channeling the Santa Fe Gods. Who knows. But boy, do I wish I were there. Oh, the beauty and calmness of it all. Someday, I will be snuggled up all cozy in my adobe house, next to my pinon burning fire. One can dream right?





I realized today that I forgot the mention the cutest Christmas accessory ever! I purchased it over here a few weeks ago. I can't wait to wear it. I will probably wear it on Christmas Eve at work. I imagine it will brighten up the patients day. They always comment on my rings, so I think this one will be a hit.



I got alot done working on various projects today. I spent most of the day cutting fabric. I forgot how time consuming it is! But, since I prepped today, I can spend the next several days making my Christmas cookie ornaments.



I also worked on a a felt clutch for my Etsy site. I love the colors, I think it looks a bit Vintage, even though it is not. I used some 100% wool felt that I had and fabric from Anna Maria Horner's line.





I was busy but still did not get enough done! It is full speed ahead in order to get everything done by deadline!



Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...