Sunday, November 23, 2008

Spotted!!

Oh, how I have been waiting for this moment. Caught in the act! My little plump furry Nemesis munching away on my pumpkin! This is the third pumpkin he has munched on in the past month. Here is the story of how it all unfolded. Today, I have been working on Christmas projects. My sewing table faces a window with a view of my front yard and porch. As I was working, I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye as he was carefully running up to my front porch. I quickly and quietly grabbed my camera and tip toed up to my front porch window to observe him. He must have dined on my front porch for at least 5 minutes if not longer. I now know his secret strategy!


He creeps up the stairs quietly and cautiously.


When all is safe, he runs up to pillage the mother load.


He grabs a bit of the pumpkin off.



He runs to the end of the porch with pumpkin in tow.




He savors the pumpkin at the end of the porch because it seems like a good quick getaway if need be.



That little bit is not enough so, he goes back for a bit more. He runs back to the end of the porch to eat what he has pillaged. He repeats this several times.



He becomes increasingly brave and greedy. He begins to linger on the pumpkin eating as much as he can.


He continues to gorge himself and periodically looks around for imminent danger.


Then, being the klutz I am, accidentally tapped the camera on the window, and he ran away.
Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...