Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!



I have spent the day trying to get back in the groove of reality. It is so darn hot here, so that has been hard to adjust to. I wish I were sitting on the deck sipping sangria! But no, I am sitting in my house with all the fans in the house on and the air conditioner going at full throttle. So, to help refresh myself and for a nice little pick me up, I made Sassy Water!

My sister, unfortunately, left her recipe behind after she visited. Well, unfortunate for her but lucky for me! It is super simple to make and is from the Flat Belly Diet.


Sassy Water:




2 liters water (8 1/2 c)
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 mint leaves


Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Chill in fridge and let flavors blend overnight.


Drink one entire recipe of refreshing Sassy Water every day!


I also made up a bit of Sangria
too! Tis the season!


So, after I had my Sangria in hand, I made cookies for my Daddy for Father's Day. It is awfully hard to get my Dad stuff because he has everything he needs and when he does actually need something, he just goes and gets it. So, I figured Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies would do the trick!




This was almost as easy to make as the Sassy Water. I just took a Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie mix, chopped up some walnuts, and added dried cranberries! My very own Semi-Homemade.


Cheers!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...