Saturday, June 12, 2010

Road To Ruidoso


Ruidoso is a bit shorter of a drive than our usual New Mexico destination, Santa Fe. But, I had to have all the same exact traveling stuff I normally would for a road trip…my Ipod and some good knitting! I worked on a pair of socks I have been knitting on and off for the past year. Time to finish this project up! Like I have always said, I have crafting ADD.










We stopped for lunch in Roswell at Tinnie’s. This place is great, reminded me of my old Coffee Haus days. I had the Santa Fe veggie sandwich with pasta salad. We are going to go back to Roswell for a mini day trip, I have got to see all the alien museums!




We finally pulled into Ruidoso around 3pm. This really is a cool little mountain town. There is a very long street called Sudderth on which you could shop for days! I can’t wait for that! I hope I can find a nice little fiber shop. The weather is really nice here. It is mildly warm with a nice breeze and it gets chilly at night. When we arrived there were deer waiting to greet us! Apparently they like to hang around because people feed them. I can’t believe how close they get and are very amazing to watch. When you throw the feed out they come over and eat it.



We chilled out for a bit at this fantastic house we are staying in. My mom’s friend owns it and she was gracious enough to let us stay here for the week. Her house has fantastic views of the Sierra Blanca mountain. The wind blowing through the trees is so peaceful and calming. So much of what I need after a stressful few weeks. I am going to get some great spinning time in here!





Later we went to Farley’s for dinner. This is a pretty popular hangout and the food is good. I had a Chile stew. Then after dinner we came back to the house and chilled out some more.

Cheers!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...